Friday, July 10, 2009

Layla Ann Bigham is here!

Monday I had a doctors appointment. I went in and the doctor said I was dialted to a 2 and still 50% effaced. He told me I had 3 choices; we can induce this week, next week, or do nothing and wait. I chose induce this week! I was just done. So he stripped my membranes one more time and got me on the waiting list at the hospital to come in and get induce.
Tuesday morning at 5am we got a call from the hosptial telling us to come in they are ready for us. We got there about 7am and got hooked up to pitocin. Contractions started out slowly and light. I think it was a few hours later and my doctor came and checked me and said I was a 3 and he broke my water. That's when the contractions started getting really strong and close together. I was able to tolerate them for awhile. My mother in law Christie and Vaughn were both by my side reminding me to breath. That got to be too much and I asked for an epdiural. We thought the epidural had slowed things down as we watched the montior but I went from a 4 to a 9 in 2 hours! I felt so relieved and happy when they told me I would be pushing soon. Like and hour later my doctor showed up I pushed like 5 times with in 2 contractions and she was out! Less then 10mins of pushing! They put her on my chest and she was screaming and covered in vernix. She may have been over due but still was covered in the stuff.

Layla Ann's stats born 7-7-09 at 7:08pm. Weighing 8lbs 13oz 19 1/2 inches long. Apgars 8/9 Light brown hair and dark blue eyes.

She is a great baby. Only cries when she's hungry. Breast feeding has been difficult but we are working on it. I'm loving being a mommy. I am walking on air. Well like a zombie walking on air LOL.





3 comments:

Julia said...

You make it sound like it was a short labor! It seemed like forever to me while I was waiting to hear! 12 hours seems like a long time. I am so happy that you are both doing so well!
Welcome Layla, we are so happy you are here! I can't wait to be with you! It is only one more day!

Kamilla said...

Oh I am so happy for you. She looks so cute, I can't wait to see her!

Christy and Kevin said...

Christy from the July expecting board. She is adorable!! What a big girl. My little one was only 5lb 15 oz & 19 3/4 inches long. Congrats again, she is beautiful (btw- I am also having trouble breastfeeding, but hanging in there)
Christy (junegirl1977)
www.dailynewsofus.blogspot.com