Monday, August 2, 2010

Busy Summer!

July whipped by me so fast I barely had time to breathe! Here is our happenings of July...

Layla turned 1!!! The weekend before her birthday we had a party for friends. It was a pool party but of course the weather was quite cool for that time of the year. Only a couple of kids wanted to get in the water. It was also quite windy so everything kept blowing away. Layla loved opening presents. It took her a second to figure out how it worked but now she loves it. Layla's cake was awesome. I had a friend of mine make it. Not only did it look pretty it tasted good too! We had a great time!











On Layla's actual birthday July 7th, we had a family birthday party at her Grandma and Grandpa Bigham's house. Layla ate the traditional Peppin family 1year birthday meal...spaghetti. And she got to make as big as mess as she wanted. Spaghetti is her favorite food so that helped with the mess. It was so fun to watch her. She got to open presents again which was exciting for her. I still can not believe she's one. Next thing we know she's going to be 16!






The weekend following Layla's big birthday Vaughn joined his uncle John and some friends on a hike up to the tip top of Mount Timpanogas. I knew it was going to be bad when he got back at 10pm. His socks were covered in blood. Had huge blisters on both of his heals that had popped.

July 15th was our 4th anniversary. We went for a hike up Red Butte in the evening after work. We found a perfect spot overlooking the city. We watched as the sun set while we hate a picnic dinner we had brought. It was very romantic. That weekend we went hiking, just the two of us, at Tanners flat. We were up a canyon and it was beautiful. We had a perfect spot. We had camped at Tanner's Flat on your Honeymoon so it was fun being there again. We made foil dinners and smores for desert. We talked and sang and had a great time. I did not want to go home in the morning.















Less then a week from our camping trip we were boarding a plane out to Minneapolis, MN for the Quinn family reunion. My sister Elise flew with us and we met our mom, Eric, Mallorie and Andrew at the hotel. In the morning was the reunion picnic. My sister Nicole her husband Steve and her kids Alex and Ivy met us there. It was so great seeing so many cousins and aunts and uncles and even grandma! We had our picnic at Como Park. Some of my favorite childhood memories involve the park. I was pretty excited to be there with my husband and daughter. We went to the zoo and Observatory. What memories. It all ended too fast and too soon. We spent the rest of our time in Minnesota running all around town. We had fun in Bloomington with my dad's cousins Joe and Mary and Great Aunt Fran and their families. I had seen them at my uncle Kevin's wedding but before that had not seen them since I was just a little kid. It was great to go there and be so comfortable. Besides knowing they were family I felt it. What a great feeling. We also got to spend a little more time with my Grandma Quinn and Aunt Marilyn and Uncle John. Our last night we spent with the Zitnacks. I used to live with them while I went to school in Minnesota. I had not seen them for over 4 years. Their kids had grown like weeds. Even though it had been awhile it was like I had never left. We even slept in my old room. I miss them already. It was sad going home but I was glad to be back in my bed. Although I have not been able to spend much time in it. I stay up too late and get up too early YAWN.










This last weekend in July was very relaxing. We didnt do a damn thing. LOL. I was in my PJs till the afternoon both days. The only thing we did do was go to the zoo.

It was a crazy and eventful July. I hope you enjoyed some of our pictures. August is not quite as crazy but we do have a few events happening. so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Ash said...

Sounds like so much fun! Super cute pictures. Your family is adorable!

Julia said...

It was sooo much fun having you come to the reunion. I miss you all!