Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Vaughn!








Sunday Oct. 4th was Vaughn's 27th Birthday. This birthday has really worried him since some of his favorite musicians died at the infamous age of 27. I told him since he's not in a band at the moment he might be safe from that curse. We had a party at his parent's house. A bunch of his aunts, uncles and cousins were there because his Uncle Aaron came out from Minnesota to drop of cousin Melanie who will be living here in Utah now. It was a great party.
Vaughn feels very old and I have to constantly remind him that he should be happy he's not my age. Sigh. I spent way too much money on him and bought some tools that he's been wanting. I'm hoping having new tools means that some things will get fixed around here soon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Vaughn works to hard at work that by the time he's home he has no energy to do much else. We are trying to think of ways to get him back into school and still afford to stay alive. Air Force has come up a couple of times since his brother Mat is joining the Marines. Not sure how I feel about it but it's defiantly an option. We are having some major money issues now that i'm not working full time and because we have to now buy formula and diapers. Babies are expensive! Tomorrow Layla turns 3 months so stay tuned for a blog about her.

3 comments:

mom2cherreys said...

MARINES! NOOOOOOOOOO, tell him not to do it! LOL! I think AF might be a good idea for you guys, what's your hold up on it? I know he would have to cut his hair and shave, but when he gets out he can grow it all back! The military has its faults, but there are a LOT of good things especially when you have a family to take care of. If you have any more questions about the life and stuff give me a call. Glad Vaughn had a good birthday!

Ash said...

For diapers and formula I suggest getting a costco card. it's way cheaper there. Or kid to kid has formula for 1/2 the price of what you would get it for at a normal store.

Linds said...

AF treats us pretty good. No Marines though- they are a rough, hard group. Happy b-day though, Vaughn. I'm older then you by some months- nearly a year. Now I feel old. :S